Sunday, July 17, 2011

And now I can't move.

I got drunk last night. It was a good idea. I went out to a couple bars with my friends, had a few drinks, met a few new people, etc etc. We decided that we should head back to a friend's place and continue drinking. I thought this would be a good opportunity to get my blackberry wine from my house. So I head home, run inside, and decide that I need to leap the steps leading down to my apartment mostly because it would be epic and save so much time that could be used for consuming more alcohol. Ah, the hubris. I flew far too close to the sun... and smacked my face off that little ledge that hangs down over some stairways (anyone know what the technical term for that is? Because I don't). Of course, smacking your head into a wall while jumping has negative affects on your body. And that's why I am finding it hard to breathe today. I may have cracked a rib, and I may not be running for a few days. It's ok though, the blackberry wine was delicious.

EDIT: That wall is called a "knee wall" or "pony wall". Thanks Chelsea, for bringing this to my attention :D

3 comments:

  1. I think it's called a kneewall (or ponywall). I'm not a staircase terminology expert but hat's what I got from this site:

    http://www.folsomstair.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70&Itemid=118

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the wine was good. And I'm sure the jump looked pretty cool before you hit your face. But still... ouch.

    ReplyDelete