Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What the hell.

I'm graduating in a week and a half. My whole family's coming to watch me walk across a stage and receive a piece of paper from a rinky-dink university in Oxicodone City. After graduation, I'll have to act like a real adult-- you know, not just be considered an adult legally... I mean, do things that adults do, like clean, and take care of bills, and mow the lawn without someone telling me to do it. I won't be able to complain that I've got homework, or that I have class in the morning.

The really scary thing is that I'm moving to Montana in a little over a month. I'm really excited about getting out there, but I'm very apprehensive about the lack of monetary income that will begin in June. Also, the apartment we're getting requires a $400 pet deposit with an added $20 fee every month. So I'm left with a choice; either I pay the money and deal with it, or I give up the cat that I've had since he was a kitten. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I'm going to pick the cat over this inconvenience, but this doesn't seem to be the popular choice in the equation. My father doesn't want me to take him, and my (future) roommates and I were forced to choose a more expensive apartment because the cheaper places don't allow pets (of course). And when I say "more expensive", I'm talking about a difference of a couple hundred dollars. I'm not exactly sure what to do... I feel really bad that we're all spending so much more money for my cat, but I feel like crying every time I think about leaving my little buddy two timezones away from me... and then he knocks over my drink when he gets in the window, and I consider it.
Later.

1 comment:

  1. Do it. Don't forget bathing. Bathing is important as an adult too.

    ReplyDelete